Whether you’re traveling or just not close to a gym staying in shape is still possible. In this blog, you find three tips for staying fit while at home or on the go.
Pack the right attitude
Sticking with any fitness routine starts with bringing a determined and actionable mindset to your workouts. Check out these podcasts to say inspired. Decide what the right amount of exercise is for your daily routine and be realistic. If you’re vacationing or traveling. make sure you do not lose sight of that. By building workout goals and times it will help you organize your day. With a realistic and attainable plan, it’s easier to hold yourself accountable.
There are plenty of other ways to burn some calories and get your blood pumping that require no equipment at all.
- Design a mini HIIT circuit right in any room. High-Intensity Interval Training workouts are popular and for good reason. They’re efficient, involve cardio and strength, and keep things interesting. Example Circuit = 10 squats, 10 pushups, 10 jumps (onto your hotel ottoman or over your suitcase placed strategically), 10 crunches, and 10 suitcase overhead presses. Rest 2 min, and repeat the circuit 4x.
- Burpees – This classic exercise involves cardio, strength, and pure gut-busting intensity if you can crank out 100 of them for a quick workout.
- Also, check out Youtube this is a great free resource with tons of workouts you can do from anywhere.
- You can also hire a personal trainer online.
Get Outside and Be Social
- Go for a run in a park.
- Plan a walking route through local parks or places of interest. You’d be surprised how many calories you can burn walking to your next destination instead of grabbing a ride-share. Many cities have bike rental programs that you can grab-n-go and return all over the city.
- Stream a free yoga, pilates, or strength training class from your phone or laptop. Outside or inside, anytime, anywhere.
Overall, be creative, have fun, and be committed. Got some ideas of your own? Tag us on social with your travel workout hacks and tips.
Also, don’t forget your Hydaway bottle it’s perfect for working out in the kitchen or on the go.